Saturday, April 7, 2012

Music is Everything

Music is everything. It is something that fills me with life and contentment. When I sit down at my piano and play, I feel happy and complacent. Doing so relieves my stresses and my bad moods, fills me with a feeling of ease, and most importantly it provides me with the fulfillment of my own needs. When I got married, it was as if I let go of certain things that made me 'me'. I stopped doing the things I loved most and focused more on the things that me AND my husband loved. I realized that though those things made me very happy and close to my husband, I was giving up my own passions and the things that define ME. I talked to him about this and he ended up buying me a beautiful piano. Though life continues to happen and things get in the way of me playing, I do my best to sit down often and play my heart out in order to keep myself feeling fulfilled and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment