Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Childhood Piano Limericks

When I was young, I wrote these limericks about the piano:

My fingers move up and down the keys
As I play my favorite piece.
Each note that is played
Drifts softly away
As the sound begins to decrease.

I feel as though I could reach the moon;
I don't want this feeling to end so soon.
This music so sweet
Takes me off my feet
As I listen to its soft tune.

This music is a nice thing for one
To sit and reflect on the good things they've done.
It makes happy thoughts,
Ties your stomach in knots
As you feel the warmth of the sun.

Everything around me, so calm and content,
Sometimes I wonder what this song really meant.
I feel at peace
And so much at ease
As I listen to the song that is sent.

Sweet is the sound of the song that I hear,
It lifts away anger, hatred, and fear.
The notes that I see
Make me feel so free
As I listen to the music so dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment