Saturday, April 7, 2012

Running with a Metronome

I have always loved running. It's a great way to relieve stress and become rejuvenated while getting some good exercise. I enjoy running outside because running inside on a treadmill can get very boring, and it's nice to get some fresh air and see new surroundings. Often when I run outside, it is difficult to continue at a set pace. Especially when starting to train, this can cause me to run out of breath quicker or get side aches. Running at a consistent pace can prevent those things and allow me to run for a longer period of time. Using a digital metronome while running allows me to keep a consistent pace and run with a beat, making it easier to continue running longer. One that I like using is the Clip-on Seiko Digital Metronome DM50S. It provides a loud and clear sound that can be heard while running outside, even with cars around. Another is the Seiko Digital Metronome STH100SE because it also includes a stopwatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment